Manual of Common Illnesses and Their Cures in Tibetan Medicine
A concise and highly practical guidebook on Tibetan medicine (Sowa Rigpa), covering the diagnosis and treatment of more than eighty diseases and presenting more than two hundred formula names, with an emphasis on self-sufficient practice.
[MAIN CONTENT IN TIBETAN ONLY]
- English title: Manual of Common Illnesses and Their Cures
- Tibetan title: བོད་ཀྱི་སྨན། ནད་རིགས་དཀྱུས་མ་བཅོས་ཐབས་ཀྱི་ལག་དེབ།
- Author: Dr. Pasang Yonten Arya
- Year of publication: 2021 (reprint of 1990 original, with new Editor's foreword)
- Language: Tibetan, with English foreword
- Dimensions: 21 x 14 x 0,8 cm
- ISBN: 978-2-9701464-0-7
- Paperback: ii + 133 pages, with additional foreword (2 pp.)
Manual of Common Illnesses and Their Cures is a facsimile of a rare Tibetan medical text, first printed in 1990 to support the healing work of young amchi in Ladakh. A concise and highly practical guidebook, it covers the diagnosis and treatment of more than eighty diseases and presents more than two hundred formula names, also giving special attention to high altitude disorders and pediatrics based on the author’s extensive clinical experience. An emphasis on self-sufficiency and small herbal remedies ensures that these precious pith instructions continue to be relevant for traditional physicians and therapists in the Himalayan and Tibetan regions as well as for Sowa Rigpa health professionals worldwide.